Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's

So I figured since everyone who is skilled is doing it, also doing it must make me skilled too right? Right?

Nerding resolutions for this year:

Read 5,000 pages
I actually have no idea how many pages I read during the course of a year. It seems to me like 100 pages a week is up my alley. I am not a fast reader, but I did resolve last year to focus on increasing my speed. Also, I need to spend more time actually reading. I figure I can knock a lot of this out with the Robert Jordan books. I stopped reading those after Rand healed the male half of the source and then there was the one book where everyone else in the world relived those three days. I figure if I start now (actually back in August) I can finish most if not all the books by the time the last (yeah right..) is actually released. Since I read mostly sci-fi and fantasy this counts as a nerding topic.

Paint all of my models before I buy new ones
For some reason I have never been one to get excited or enjoy painting up my models. I always loved playing the games but never enjoyed the tasks of sitting down to paint them up. I think life-time I have actually painted only about a half dozen models to completion. Well not true anymore, with these Malifaux models from Wyrd, I am very excited to paint them up and get the crew / faction looking really nice.

To that end, I have resolved to get all of my stuff painted and not purchase any more models (except maybe the Warden) until I have everything painted. While this seems pretty daunting, I am not sure it is.

Here is my list of painted stuff:

Sonia Criid
3x Witchling Stalkers
Lady Justice
3x Death Marshals
Judge
Executioner
Perdita
Santiago
Fransisco
Papa Loco
Abuela
Nino
Lucius
Guild Guard Captain

On the painting table:
3x Guild Guard
Drill Sergeant
2x Guild Austringer
2x Guild Hound

The list of unpainted is:
Enslaved Nephlim
Scales of Balance
Purifying Flame
Hoffman
Mechanical Attendant
Peacekeeper
Guardian
2x Watcher
Large Steampunk Arachnid
Mechanical Rider
aJustice
aSonnia

Wow, that's a lot more than I thought...hopefully I can get all of this done by I don't know....2013...

Track my Malifaux games
So, I would like to know if I am getting better over time or if there are certain strategies / schemes I struggle with or if there are certain people I can not beat. To that end, I have decided to track all of my Malifaux games. It should be fun and I will probably report the results here every once in a while.

Well, that's it for now. If I decide to add something in the next week or two I probably modify this but right now, I think that's good enough!

1 comment:

  1. That's quite a list of models to get painted up. Better get a move on if you want things like the Exorcist, Witchling Handler, and more Hounds. Good call, though, trying to plow through the whole lot. I remember when I was starting and the mess of unpainted models seemed daunting. Once I started actually painting them, though, they got taken out pretty quickly. Of course, I also had Trudden helping me out (back when he was laid off) so that was a bonus.

    ReplyDelete